Summer Mailing 2019
Summer Mailing 2019
Forms- DUE AUGUST 23
Thank you for your cooperation in submitting forms on time.
- Arrival and dismissal information form. REQUIRED. Tell us how your children will get to and from school.
- Field Trip form. REQUIRED. Give permission for your children to participate in enriching field trips.
- Child Safety Policy Acknowledgement Form. REQUIRED. Acknowledge that you reviewed the Schechter Manhattan Child Safety Policy.
- Grandparents and Special Friends form. Let us know how to be in touch with your family and friends who will want to receive information, events, and photos from Schechter Manhattan.
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah form, grades 4-6. Tell us when your children will celebrate their bar/bat mitzvah- Mazal Tov!
Letters: Thoughts from the school leadership
- Letter from Benjamin Mann, Head of School. Keeping children safe at Schechter Manhattan
- Letter from Gary Pretsfelder, Principal, to all families K-8. Welcome and things to look forward to this year.
- Letter from Gary to K families. Details about this exciting new journey for your child.
- Letter from Gary to Middle School families. Details about the special programs for our oldest students.
- Letter from Parents’ Association Board. Events, programs, and ways for parents to get involved!
Information: Everything you need to know to be ready for school in September.
- Faculty Listing– The amazing and talented Schechter Manhattan teachers.
- To Whom Do I Go For What?– Have a question- here’s who to ask.
- School Calendar– Dates of school closings, holidays, and special events.
- Uniform Policy– Please keep the 2019-2020 uniform policy in mind when purchasing clothes for your children.
- Guide to Uniform Vendors– Info on where you can buy clothes that meet the uniform policy.
- Supply Lists- Everything your child needs to be well prepared for school.
- Parent Handbook– The parent handbook contains information about school policies and procedures. Please note important policies about school hours and daily arrival (pp. 9-10) and kashrut (pp. 15-16).
- Lice Check: Tuesday, September 3– Opportunity to take care of lice checking before school starts.
- PA Picnic– Reconnect with familiar faces and get to know and welcome new members of the Schechter Manhattan community.
- After School Program, Check out the after school offerings and sign up online.
- Soccer Team, Grades 5-8– Our older students have great fun participating in team sports.
- Kindergarten Highlights and Details– Details for K parents about the first days of school.
- Middle School Guidelines and Highlights– Details for Middle School parents about the Middle School program.
Click here for all of the summer mailing materials in one document, except the Parent Handbook.